Let’s face it, bankruptcy laws are confusing. To figure out if bankruptcy is a good option for you, you should obtain a free 20-minute analysis from a Minnesota bankruptcy lawyer.
The process is simple. Most Minnesota bankruptcy attorneys will do an initial meeting with you for free.
What will be done during the free bankruptcy consultation?
The bankruptcy consultation will usually involve the attorney analyzing
- your debts (money you owe to anyone) and the type of debts;
- your assets (what you own) including money, retirement accounts, real estate, vehicles, or business ownership; and
- your goals and concerns.
What will I learn during the bankruptcy attorney consultation?
During the consultation, the bankruptcy attorney will usually explain
- the assets you could keep under bankruptcy,
- how to keep additional assets, and
- any risks or consequences of bankruptcy.
What should I bring to the bankruptcy attorney consultation?
For your free attorney consultation, please bring the following if possible:
- Know how much money you have in the bank.
- Know generally how much you owe on credit cards.
- Know how much your vehicles are worth today and how much you own on vehicle loans.
- Bring a recent statement from each investment or retirement account.
- Bring the last tax return that you filed.