Unpaid wages may be owed to you for a number of reasons. If you were not paid the proper amount according to federal or state law you may be entitled to receiving back pay. You may also be deserving if you were not paid for overtime according to the legal standards. These are two common reasons for owing unpaid wages but there are many more.

If you are not sure if you have a claim for unpaid wages, contact an attorney to discuss your situation and the possibilities for receiving back pay to make up for payment lost. This does not only have to occur after you have been terminated. If, for instance, you have been working overtime but not receiving the increased wage during those hours, you are entitled to receiving pay in that amount while you are employed.

Contact an attorney in this area