We have no available positions at this time.
Before you apply, we invite you to read below to evaluate whether our firm is the right fit for you.
A Different Kind of Law Firm
You probably noticed, JUX is not your typical law firm. At traditional law firms, people come to work for a variety of reasons. At JUX, we share the same purpose.
At traditional law firms, negative behavior is often tolerated when the offender is a rainmaker. At JUX, our core values come before money.
We believe one way to make each day the best it can be is to work alongside teammates who share
- our purpose for working and,
- the core values that guide how we make decisions, support each other, and serve clients.
We believe legal expertise is best used to empower others—not ourselves. Our purpose for existing is to use our resources to serve and empower others.
Other firms have other values. They have different definitions of success. Fame, wealth, power, and competition come to mind.
Some approach life with a Taker’s mentality—get, accumulate, and consume. Others have a Giver’s mentality—serve, help, defend, and empower. At JUX, our focus is on giving our best every day—to our team and the clients we serve.
We see ourselves as fiduciaries of the resources entrusted us, serving others as good stewards of those resources. We enjoy serving alongside teammates who are committed to serving. For this reason, JUX is not the right fit for many people. Put another way, if you get a deep satisfaction from serving others, you will enjoy serving others at JUX.
At JUX, success is defined by the how much we contribute to those around us. We celebrate empowering others. We innovate new ways to serve clients more effectively. Working alongside professionals who are here for the same reasons creates an inspiring synergy around our shared purpose.
Our Core Values
Our core values are our deepest beliefs. They impact daily decisions, relationships, strategy, hiring, and promotions. One purpose of core values is to repel people who do not share them, helping our team avoid the wrong team members. We are open and honest with you about who we are, so you can determine whether this is the right environment for you.
These are our core values:
- Integrity – Do what is right regardless of the cost
- Excellence – Give our best effort in every undertaking
- Innovation – Always improve (if you see it, you own it)
- Trusted Advisor – Earn trust by exceeding expectations
- Teammate Satisfaction – Put others before ourselves
- Teamwork – Subordinate our self-interest for the team’s best interest, elevating everyone (“we” before “me”)
Our Culture (Why People Enjoy Working Here)
JUX’s mission-driven culture was covered in the Star Tribune. Our core values have created a unique, positive culture. However, the JUX culture is not for everyone. In fact, after reading the paragraph below, over half of the candidates who apply for a position at JUX decide our firm is not the right fit. The right candidates love that they can work on a team dedicated to living these values daily.
You will want to consider whether the JUX approach to work conflicts with how you operate:
- Integrity: Are you hardwired to do what is right, even if you must sacrifice money and opportunity? You being happy here will depend on whether you share our absolute commitment to integrity.
- Excellence: Do you have a strong pride in your work, even when nobody will see it? Our high expectations for excellence will be a problem for those who do not bring their best effort to work. Likewise, we share a strong work ethic and the grit to persist through challenges. We expect everyone to bring their best to JUX every day.
- Innovation: Do you operate best when your environment is unchanging and consistent? That is not us. We are continually working to improve how we work, resulting in changes in how we operate. Are you comfortable with uncertainty and change? Innovation requires change. In this way, we are very different from traditional law firms.
- Trusted Advisor: Do you work to serve others, putting their interests first? This is important to us. Each member of our team is expected to help others achieve their goals even when we must subordinate our interests.
- Teammate Satisfaction: Do others consider you positive and encouraging, always giving to help those around you? Each person at JUX is expected to be there for each other, support co-workers, and help make each person’s life better.
- Teamwork: Do you like to work alone? If so, you will probably be irritated with our environment where we routinely collaborate with teammates. Do you like to serve others? To us, teamwork means we serve each other, including attorneys supporting administrative staff. If you don’t like to serve and empower others, you won’t like it here.
We are transparent about our culture so you can identify whether you share our values. We understand that strong teams must have (1) shared values and (2) diverse strengths to maximize effectiveness for clients and ensure each team member loves what they do. Finding a career you love requires finding an environment that aligns with your values and a position that aligns with your strengths.
To consider joining our team, visit the job postings in the right column. You may send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org