As a Minnesota attorney, I represent internet-based companies and individuals on internet legal issues. Representation has included a wide variety of matters from internet legal claims in United States federal court to simple cease and desist letters involving domain name disputes. In addition to disputes, internet-based companies are advised in complex deals related to their internet business.
Internet Buying, Selling, Deals, and Transactions Attorney
The number of contracts involving online deals is rapidly increasing.
- Affiliate Programs
- Credit Card Chargebacks, Arbitration, and Disputes
- eBay Disputes
- False Advertising Online
- Internet Fraud
- Internet Sales or Purchases
- Paypal Disputes
- Internet Contracts
Online Intellectual Property Attorney
Intellectual property can be some of the most valuable assets in a business. The internet has made copyright and trademark infringement much easier. Protecting and enforcing your intellectual property rights requires internet attorneys experienced in technology law issues.
- Copyright Infringement
- Domain Name Cybersquatting (Anti-Cybersquatting Consumer Protection Act, or ACPA)
- Domain Name Disputes
- Adwords, Pay-Per-Click, and Keyword Advertising
- E-Commerce Business Issues
- Internet Copyright & Trademark
- Internet, Mobile Content, and Technology Licensing
- Software and Technology Patents
- Trade Secrets
- Trademark Infringement
Internet Law Disputes and Lawsuits Attorney
When the other side refuses to be reasonable, a cease-and-desist letter or lawsuit is often necessary to preserve your rights and compensate you for damages. I am experienced in a wide range of lawsuits involving internet law including domain names, trademark infringement, copyright infringement, and a full spectrum of internet legal issues.
- Litigation in State and Federal Court
- Arbitration, Mediation, and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Cease and Desist Letters
- Internet Unfair Competition
- Online Defamation (Facebook, Twitter, Review Sites, etc.)
- Tortious Interference with Business
Internet Law Criminal Defense
Have you violated a state or federal law by your online activity?
- Blackhat SEO
- Civil and Criminal Defense
- Email Spam (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)
- Online Gambling
- Sexual Predator Laws (Protect Act of 2003, etc.)
- The Child Online Protection Act (COPA)
- The Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA)
- The Communications Decency Act (CDA)
- Website Terms of Service Violations
Other areas of computer law include social media and networking, Constitutional privacy rights, non-competition agreements, patents, trademarks, cybersquatters, trade secrets, copyright, Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Stored Communications Act, attorney-client privilege, employment policies, protected union activity, and illegal government search and seizures.
Domain Name Escrow Service
Domain name sales involving large purchase prices often involves domain name attorneys and/or a domain name escrow service.
Domain Name Disputes
A domain name is something that identifies a specific space of control on the Internet. They are created under the rules and regulations of the Domain Name System.
Website Buy / Sell
I am experienced in the sale, purchase, merger, and acquisition of websites. I represent large and small website owners including e-commerce companies, affiliates, and more.