Attorney Aaron Hall has been representing Minnesota business owners in small and mid-sized companies for over a decade. He provides legal counsel and best practices to business owners with LLCs and corporations in Minneapolis, St. Paul, the Twin Cities, and Greater Minnesota.
From formation to dissolution, Aaron helps companies save money, minimize legal problems, and navigate complex disputes. This includes helping business owners maintain legal compliance, minimize taxes, and reduce risks.
Experienced in Best Practices
Aaron is experienced in representing companies large and small. His primary practice is representing business owners and businesses with under 100 employees. Representation includes avoiding legal problems through planning and careful contract drafted, providing answers to business legal questions as companies face legal issues, and representing parties in lawsuits and business deals.
Aaron is experienced in representing businesses in a variety of industries. His work has resulted in significant media coverage, speaking engagements, and being published in legal publications.
Best Practices for New Businesses
Aaron works with new business owners and startups on a regular basis. The needs of most new businesses are relatively simple. Aaron enjoys working with entrepreneurs, so so we offer a number of cost-effective options to fit the tight budgets small business owners. That allows Aaron to help you get started and support you as your business grows.
Attorney services for new businesses include:
- Selecting the best type of business (LLC, partnership, S corp, C corporation, etc.)
- Drafting bylaws, buy-sell agreements, buy-back agreements, repurchase agreements, etc.
- Planning to minimize taxes
- Registering trademarks and copyrights
- Negotiating commercial leases
- Drafting employee handbooks, templates for company contracts, and business policies and procedures
Best Practices for Growth Companies
Aaron’s experience as CEO of a growth company means his legal counsel to you is more than book knowledge. Aaron’s experience on boards of directors includes planning long term strategy and building strong organizational systems. This translates into a “CEO mindset” as a business attorney, partnering with you throughout the life of your business. Aaron partners with you to improve your bottom line, implement best practices, and help you compare your legal options based on your ROI. He understands you need the job done right, without unnecessary extra frills.
Aaron represents established businesses in the following ways:
- Drafting contracts for complex agreements
- Collecting unpaid bills and debts
- Minimizing risks of litigation and financial liability
- Advising on trademark, copyright, patent, domain name, trade secret, and related IP issues
- Advising companies on state and federal employment laws
- Representing in lawsuits, arbitration, mediation, and administrative hearings
- Dealing with trademark infringement, unfair business practices, trade secret violations, antitrust matters, and business torts
Best Practices for Struggling Business Owners
Not every business succeeds. When a business is buried in debt, we help protect the business owner’s finances, reputation, and assets. Many of our business clients are relieved to learn how many options are actually available to them. Aaron helps struggling companies with the following:
- Negotiating debts and loan defaults
- Dealing with harassing creditors
- Analyzing complex financial issues
- Preserving the most assets in bankruptcy
Best Practices for Complex Business Deals
- Representing buyers and sellers in a business sale or asset purchase
- Resolving real estate problems
- Preparing franchises, JVs, partnerships, and complex business relationships
- Facilitating mergers and acquisitions
- Advising on the sale and licensing of intellectual property and expensive assets
Business Attorney Services
Operating a successful business comes with the risk that someday, somebody will sue that business. It’s important for business owners to understand the common factors that lead to litigation, the common types of litigation, and how to start the litigation process.
Communications & Media Law
Communications and Media Law encompass a wide variety of legal issues including technological, licensing, and administrative matters faced by broadcasters, newspapers, journalists, bloggers, advertisers, and others disseminating news and information.
Franchise laws in Minnesota can be difficult to understand and it is important to strictly follow them to ensure you do not have problems down the road. A licensed Minnesota franchise attorney can significantly help you follow these regulations when you are entering into a franchise agreement.
Loans & Financing
A loan and financing attorney can review and negotiate loan agreements, negotiate and eliminate debt, and help plan and implement profitable business practices.
If you have been promised dividends, voting rights, positions in the business, or other shareholder rights and have not received them, or have been the victim of other shareholder violations, you may be entitled to compensation under Minnesota law. Aaron can analyze your situation and explain your rights as a shareholder in a Minnesota corporation.
If you’re considering starting a business, it is important that you understand your options so you can choose the structure that is best for you. This important step influences the way your business will work, the taxes you will have to pay, and what you may be personally liable for.
Business Professionals Contracts
Minnesota contracts govern various types of relationships and promises between businesses. Aaron Hall is experienced in contract drafting, contract analysis and negotiation, contract litigation, and more.
Aaron partners with business owners to ensure the business is in compliance with all applicable laws including government regulations relating to occupational hazards, health, EEOC, OSHA, discrimination, employment sexual harassment, worker’s compensation, unemployment insurance, and tax withholding.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Mergers and Acquisitions are complex transactions that relate to both business growth and legal rules. Mergers are when two companies come together. Acquisitions are when one company buys another.
Minnesota tax law, as it applies to businesses, can be complicated and frustrating to deal with. Whether you are simply registering your business for sales taxes or defending yourself against allegations of tax fraud, an experienced business tax attorney is here to help.
What Factors Should Be Considered to Hire the Best Business Attorney?
When hiring a business attorney, there are several factors that you should consider in order to ensure that you find the best attorney for your company. These factors include
- the attorney’s experience and expertise,
- their knowledge of the specific legal issues that your company is facing,
- their ability to provide practical and effective legal advice, their communication and negotiation skills,
- their availability and responsiveness, and
- their fees and billing practices.
Additionally, it’s important to find an attorney who is a good fit for your company in terms of their personality and working style. You should also consider whether the attorney has a good reputation and is well-regarded by their peers in the legal community. By considering these factors, you can increase your chances of hiring the best business attorney for your company.